Monday, November 22, 2010

the end of uni & a heartwarming story

The end of my first semester in australia was very stressful, as i was trying to finish all my major projects at once. In the last post you saw my huge painting which was seriously time consuming! I also had 3 other classes worth of big projects to finish, because in Australia your whole semester is basically dependent on one or two projects. Needless to say, it was stressful! (But well worth it in the end!)

the gift of pulling an all-nighter:
i've come to the conclusion that people are nice.

In the midst of the stress, this is what happened:
I sat next to a sweet older lady on the train from Sydney to the Blue Mountains last month. She was knitting and i asked her what she was making. She said "teddy bears" and showed me a picture of the teddies she makes. I said they were SO CUTE and at the end of the train ride, she asked for my address and fav colors. Assessment week was one of the most stressful weeks of my life, and in the midst of it all, i received a package in the mail. 2 little teddy bears. They are so special.

What a perfect pick-me-up!

No comments: