Wednesday, March 10, 2010

FLORIDA.... again!

I can't stay away for too long!

I just got back from visiting my good raw vegan friends in Jacksonville, FL. Tim and I drove down for just a couple days, but it was totally worth it and we had a blast.

We left on Monday and arrived Monday afternoon. Connie had fresh squeezed OJ waiting for us and it was pure liquid gold! We hung out, played in the sandbox with Christopher, and ate "naked" raw tacos by the fire, which consisted of raw guacamole (the best i've ever had) and raw pineapple salsa. DELICIOUS.
On Tuesday Tim and I went to St. Augustine, which is the oldest city in the U.S. We walked around and visited the shops and had a great time! We got water from the REAL fountain of youth and we checked out a raw vegan restaurant and attempted to order the simplest foods on the menu.... salad, smoothies, and hummus! =)
We also checked out the old fort in St. Augustine... pretty cool!
we also got to see this beautiful sunset!

That night we returned to The Naked Food Cafe (Connie's house) where they made raw vegan brownies served with banana icecream and strawberries!!!! The brownies were way too good to be true and with the banana icecream and strawberries, it was almost too much to handle! It was probably the best raw dessert i've ever had! YUM (thanks so much!)


It was so good to be back with my Naked Food Cafe family in Florida... I can't wait to go back! (p.s. Thanks to Tasha for giving me a haircut!)






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Ash! We enjoyed you guys so much. Christopher just asked me a minute ago when you were coming back! lol!

Love & Sunshine!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had such a great time ~ and yummy food, wow! I love seeing Christopher's huge smiles. :-)

RawDad said...

Excellent .. looks like a good time was had by all...

Did you try to climb a palm tree when you were there ?

greenmama! said...

Aw, you lucky ducks!

Man, that strawberry/ banana ice cream looks to die for!

Marjorie

p.s. If you are ever up north (Northern Illinois to be exact), you should come visit me and my kids! Oh, and we could have Kim over... :)

Anonymous said...

Aww looks like you guys had a blast :) I love your hair cut!!!! Looks great!!!