Friday, March 05, 2010

LAST DOC VISIT & BACK TO CLIMBING!!!

This past Monday I went to the doctor and left with the best news i've heard all season.

"Well, it looks like there's no reason to hold you back anymore!"

I'M OFFICIALLY ALL HEALED UP! and i finally have my doc's permission to climb!!!!!!

So i'm back to it FOR REAL!

Today I went out to Dayton Pocket to do a little bouldering.

I put quite a few burns into this REALLY cool v7 called HSR. I reached my high point today and could practically TASTE the send. fingers grasping the 2nd to last hold! I'm so psyched. I have all the moves figured out and I know exactly what to do. My tips are shredded right now but I plan on going back on Sunday and connecting with that piece of rock.

Check out my pinky finger:


Sometimes I get frustrated when I am climbing and not sending.... But when I take a step back, I realize that climbing is like mother nature's school. I am CONSTANTLY learning. Besides learning technique and skills, I am also learning how to connect to the rock and I am constantly learning how to dim my ego. The rock is so humbling! It teaches me lessons that I can carry into every aspect of my life.

When frustration arises, I like to sit in the sun by the river and meditate.... it calms me down and makes me happy! The sound of the running water really puts me back in my place. OM!




So I didn't send it today, but I learned a lot from it. And thats one reason why I climb... it keeps my interest and is constantly teaching me important lessons! I am so thankful for the rock and everything it teaches me!

After a good session on HSR, I went to the riverside boulder and put a few burns into this BEAUTIFUL overhanging v7 line. Check out the pics:



playing w/ effects:

And here is Tim and I chillin down by the river:


I had a great time today and I'm PSYCHED to get back out there on Sunday. I'm so happy to be back!

6 comments:

Omegachuck said...

I love your rosy red nose. BE careful! Take your time on the restart. A nice ripper on your pinkie is just the start, eh? Best of luck girl.

RawDad said...

So glad to hear ur healed up and back doing what you love so much !!

badash said...

woodchuck- haha thanks. I always get a red nose when it's cold outside!!!!!

rawdad- thanks man, i'm sooo happy!!!!

HiHoRosie said...

Yay! Great news! And great pics...although, that pinkie...

現實 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.