Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Glass House Mountains

The other day I went climbing at the Glass House Mountains (locals would call them "The Glassys" which are about 45 minutes away from me. I went with a bloke named Rob, a local Brisbane climber, and Matt, who I met through the Australearn program that I am studying through.

It was a lot of fun! The rock here is sandstone but it is a different kind than we have back home. The movements are amazing and the holds are crimpy and perfect. I absolutely love the climbing here! We got on this 25 and it was a beautiful line with awesome movements. Overall i had a blast and was ridiculously sore the next day. Here are some photos:

matt climbing. photo by me
me climbing. photo by matt; edit by me
the crux! Photo by matt, edit by me
THE AMAZING VIEW
Rob crushing! Photo by me

1 comment:

Omegachuck said...

GB Reef, croc's and climbing already! What a fast start. Looks just marvelous and what a group you are with. You better keep us well informed with an ongoing travellog here. Glad the flight over was a quick one.