Saturday, March 07, 2009

Feeding the homeless and day of the arts

I was driving today and there was a man with a sign that said, "Homeless Hungry." I had 4 bananas with me. I rolled down my window and gave him 3 bananas. He was SO thankful. I felt really good about giving him some food. (I was reallllly hungry all day but I'm sure he was more hungry than I was! He needed it.) I got by and managed to survive with one banana during the day. =)(For all you worrisome people, IT'S OKAY, I ate a lot when I got home!)

Today was the "celebration of the arts" at my school. (I go to an art school in case you didn't know.) My art work was displayed and I was selling many prints and a few originals. It was a lot of fun and I loved talking to people about art. I had to lower all my prices because I realized that it was a SCHOOL FUNCTION and not many people have much money... I ended up making a little over $100!!! (but then again, printing them cost money so I'm not sure exactly home much PROFIT i made...

It was a great day. Tonight I am having a late night session at the climbing gym. (10:30pm -- 12? or so?) I am excited.


p.s. the reason i keep slacking on adding my photos to posts is because i CANT FIND the cord that goes from my camera to the computer. I'll find it one of these days and update the old posts. =)

3 comments:

Omegachuck said...

..and when you find that cord, duct tape it to the computer so it won't get lost again.
What's up as far as contests, gallery displays, art class awards and such for you this senior year? Well? Share. (I bet you do a great still life of a bowl of fruit in shockingly vivid paisley, in acryllic or oils. No wimpy pastel colors for your work!)

fruity said...

That is so awesome what you did for that man! :) You are an inspiration!

HiHoRosie said...

You are so sweet! Sharing your fruity abundance with someone in need is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Truly inspiring.