Sunday, July 05, 2009

Rest day

Yesterday ended up being a rest day.

I didn't even know that it was 4th of July until I saw everyone's posts on facebook!!! It's a whole different world being on the road... I never know what day it is, what time it is, or anything of the likes. I wake up and go to sleep with the sun.

After we did our usual morning grocery shopping routine, we spent time at the cafe to get internet. Then we went to the SMALL farmers market and got some fresh organic cherries and strawberries that were picked the day prior. They were soooo good! Then we went into vancouver to do some more food shopping. We returned to Squamish after stopping by a crystal shop to look at the magical rocks. Then we walked in the forests to scope out new boulders to climb for today. I did a good stretching / yoga session later on. It was a really nice day.

Tim and I both felt a strong need to hang prayer flags in the meadow by our tent. So we found some at a local store and fulfilled our desire. Check out the pics:






One of the many views:




On a side note, I don't remember when i last took a shower..... oh, life as a traveling dirtbag climber!!! ;D

On another side note, I am reading a book called Radical Simplicity by Dan Price. It is making me rethink my whole life. I will have to expand on my ideas later on... it makes me want to give away everything i own and live out of my backpack on the road.... we'll see what happens as my life goes on. =)

4 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Looks so beautiful and peaceful - keep enjoying and sharing with us!

Omegachuck said...

..the northwest steals another soul, wisks her off and into the beauty of the coastal wilderness. It's so hard to come home from wonderful long road trips, isn't it?

Polarity Lineage said...

It's good to catch up on your blog Ash, Tom looks really nice, I'll have to keep checking back and reading up on your travels!

;) happy trails.

and if you're in PDX and want to just say hi or book a massage with me, just call!

badash said...

omegachuck, i know... i dont wanna come home!!!

cindy, where is PDX?