Thursday, October 02, 2008

80/10/10 retake number... 5?

I AM NOT GIVING UP!

I am totally convinced that The 80/10/10 diet is the way humans are designed to eat by Nature. I have tried this way of eating NUMEROUS times and I always give into too many nuts and then that leads to other things like gourmet foods and juicing.


A few days ago I posted what a typical 811 day for me is on an 80/10/10 topic on a forum, and a guy named Adam sent me a comment explaining to me that I was FAR from eating enough calories and that I was deficient in many vitamins and minerals for the day.

Confused and interested, I started asking him questions and he helped me out A LOT.

The conversation motivated me to eat 80/10/10 again, adding enough calories.

GUESS WHAT!? ITS WORKING!


Yesterday i ate 2700 calories and the day before that 2300. Today I ate 2047.

i finally understand the 811 way! The reason why I was always failing was because i wasnt eating enough calories! I thought I was, but apparently not!

I would eat about 1500 calories and then at the end of the day i'd crave nuts because my body wanted more calories in a dense form. But this was only because i wasnt eating enough fruit!

I used www.nutritiondata.com to find my daily requirement needs and to log some food, and I like that site better than many others.

The best though, however, is downloading Cron-o-meter - it's ridiculously easy! Check it out if you are interested!

ON both of these sites you can see what vitamins and minerals you are getting for the day and all the percentages and stuff. ON Nutritiondata.com there are also graphs and charts which are very helpful. These are great tools for ANYONE on ANY DIET!!!


80/10/10 is a recommendation, but more fruit and less protein and fat is always better. Check otu my accomplishment without even trying:

My ratio for today is 93/4/3 and yesterday it was 95/3/2 --- crazy, huh!?

I am really excited that 80/10/10 is finally working for me!!! Whats working for YOU?!

3 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

That's cool you found a solution. I'm going to have a look at that site tomorrow or over the weekend. I was using Nutridiary at one time, but kinda got lazy about it. I will see if this link is easier.
XO
Pixy Lisa

Sarah said...

I'm excited that you found out exactly what you needed. Eating lots of fruit is definitely the key to success with 80/10/10. You're right, it is ridiculously easy when you eat enough calories.

The 811 way is definitely what works for me. I feel amazing eating this way. I check on my progress periodically with nutridiary.com :o)

Omegachuck said...

Good for you girl. With your active life, those extra calories are much needed. You will burn them up, and sounds like now you won't be craving some late night snacks. (sadly, I tend to put my snack nuts on top of some ice cream binges). I'm calling the ice cream my 'training' for the Red next week. Yeah I know, I'm always full of excuses.