I've had a pretty good week.
I've mostly just been hanging out at home! It's nice sometimes. =)
I've gone to the gym a few times and I had pretty good days. I completed some pretty hard climbs for me, and I was pretty happy with it!
Yesterday I went to Little Rock City in Chattanooga and climbed outside. I mostly just climbed moderate climbs - I was going CRAZY to climb outside so anything would have been good. =) I'll post pics later.
So I didn't really realize that the new year starts TOMORROW... until a couple days ago. Well, I have a "vision board" in my room - It's a bulletin board where I post all my goals and visions. Needless to say, It helps me keep track of what I want to achieve in my life. HOWEVER, I failed to spend time looking at it often and visualizing my goals. So... I did not achieve my 2009 goals. They included to climb 10 v6s, 5 v7s and 1 v8. Well... i probably sent 4 or 5 v6s, 2-3 v7s and NO v8. Bummer.
BUT... then i got to thinking... i never even FOCUSED on my goal at all! I completely forgot about it! I dont know if this is a valid excuse, but still... I ALSO DIDNT KNOW I'D CHANGE MY EATING HABITS! THis was totally a shocker in my life. I never would have imagined last year that i would become a vegan... much less a RAW VEGAN!
Being a raw vegan has changed all areas of my life. Yes, it probably took time and energy away from climbing for a little bit while i was first figuring it out, but now they work together PERFECTLY!
And whats a year anyways? I know I can achieve these goals!!! It was just the lack of trips... lack of focus... I know i can do them soon enough!!! =)
I DO like goals, because i LOVE the achievement factor of achieving them. (WOAH I JUST GOT THE CHILLS) anyways, the higher my goals, the better i feel when they are accomplished. If i set easy goals and achieved them with ease, i probably would have been as excited as i was when I did HALF my goals for 2008, you know?
I need to edit my vision board... start with a clean slate. I'll try and do that today, and then i can take a picture and let you see it tomorrow. =)
My goals for 2009 include:
1. To be 100% 811rv (I am already mostly this, but I just need to cut out the binges on nuts every now and then! I also need to only eat when I am hungry and stop when I'm full. Not to mention, I would love to eat as simply as possible, not mixing more than 2-3 foods in one meal.)
2. To compost more (I compost ALL THE TIME in the summer, but for some reason I've been slacking in the winter and I can really feel that my connection with the earth has not been the same)
3. TRAIN HARDER (I've been seriously slacking in the winter with my training for climbing. Yes, i do climb ALL THE TIME, but i do not train. I felt a lot more toned in the summer... maybe it has to due with time? Not sure, but I know I can do it! I want to be strong ALL YEAR ROUND!)
4. send more than one v8 and possibly a v9
5. Inspire others with my lifestyle