Tuesday, June 03, 2008

smoothies and watermelons

I LOVE SMOOTHIES.


They are a great way to get a lot of calories in for a raw-foodist.


Since fruit and vegetables don't have very many calories, sometimes its hard to eat enough calories --- that would be a LOT of chewing.


So you can pack in A LOT of fruit and/or veggies in a blender and its just like drinking a drink!


This morning I had huge strawberry banana smoothie. It was just a bunch of frozen strawberries (I no longer count) and about 2 frozen bananas... and a cup of water... MMMMmmm goodness!!!


WATERMELON MADNESS:

I ate so much watermelon today! I felt like I was going to explode!


I ate it for lunch and then a few pieces of it for dinner, and I am still stuffed hours later.... But it was sooooo good! There is still A LOT left, so I am excited for the future! =)

I probably won't be hungry for breakfast though --- we'll see.

I am excited --- I am going on a picnic in the park tomorrow with my good old friend Brandi. We went to school together my first two years of highschool and instantly became best friends. Sadly, we never see each other anymore since I changed schools. So tomorrow will be a blast. Also, while on topic, she told me today that she is trying to be a vegetarian now!!! I am so happy! She said she saw a raw video on my myspace (www.myspace.com/badashclimber) and it made her want to be raw. Each step is a good step! Vegetarians totally get my respect and love! =)


P.S. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO SOMEONE ON HERE? There are many blogs that I enjoy going to, but I forget the links all the time and I wish I could just subscribe to them so that I don't have to try to find them again. If you know, leave a comment!!!

2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Sign up with Bloglines is best but you can also keep a blogroll if that's what you mean in your sidebar.

Sarah said...

I just added a set of raw blog links along the sidebar of my blog so that I can get back to the blogs I enjoy and others can find them as well.

You may also be able to subscribe to receive some blogs by e-mail format so that you don't have to keep going to their page to see if they've updated. I have a place where you can register for my blog, Sarah at GoingBananas has a place to register for hers as well. Some of the blogs you read may have that option.