Monday, August 04, 2008

100 DAY RAW FU CHALLENGE

RAW FU CHALLENGE

I saw and heard A LOT about the raw fu challenge, but for some strange reason I thought it was just for people TRYING to BECOME raw. I thought it was just for people to go 100% or something.


I don't know where my thoughts come from sometimes. haha.

Anyways, I found out it wasn't just for people to try raw, and it was open to any experience level. (I'm only over 2 months, but i'm 100% and i already feel very knowledgible in the subject)


Sooooo the registration closed, but sarah and rosie both offered (and sent) me an invite!

SO I'M ON BOARD!

raw fu challenge, here I come!



Here are my goals for this month:

-80/10/10 or as close as I can -- (I tried this once. And.... let's just say that it didn't work out. I felt like blacking out a lot. And i did... a few times. I felt weak and I lacked energy. SO i gave up. Even though it made SO much sense to me, i gave up. Now I researched it and realized what i was doing wrong: I TOTALLY DIDNT EAT ENOUGH GREENS! I was actually more of a fruitarian than anything. I would BUY lettuce or something and like never use it!!! it was terrible. So I want to try this again, because my body looked much better when I was doing things the low fat way. And for the record, for the 1-2 times i DID eat the greens, I felt like I was BUZZING (in a good way!). I wonder why it didnt click until now!? ANYWAYS i'm going back to the low fat thing. WIsh me luck!

-INCREASE WATER INTAKE - i totally dont drink enough water and I KNOW IT. I will take this time to focus on an increase..... i'm shooting for a gallon a day by the end of the challenge, but i will start with 2-3 liters a day.



and even though I am active and training, here are some things I really need to work on:

-push-ups (I end up being really lazy on my cross training days and I don't start doing pushups until late afternoon, and then somehow it's 9 freaking o'clock and i have like 150 more to go or something, and it SUCKS because i'm always tired... i need to work on doing them in the morning!!!)

-more yoga (this is one of the most important parts of my training plan, but as much as i love doing it, i COMPLETELY suck at it. Don't let my posts fool you... i'm a beginner! And a lazy one... If you notice, I don't always do my yoga. I forget. I need to work on this MAJORLY.)

and in general:

-WAKE UP EARLIER (i feel like i can get a really good start if i wake up early. I can do my yoga, 50 pushups or so, and make a good breakfast. PLUS school starts NEXT WEEK and i need to get in the habit of having enough time to do all of this AND pack a lunch and stuff.)

6 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Welcome to Raw Fu! Now are you going to participate in the green smoothie mustache challenge? I would but no blender. :( I get it in about a week.

Good goals! But no blackouts please!

I want to do pushups too. Like more than 2.

Sarah said...

I'm glad you made it to Raw Fu! You've set some great goals!!!

sarabethxvx said...

hi ash!
You should come to my house and be my personal trainer...
Also, I have thought a lot about 811 and I think it is eventually where I will go... but right now, I can not give up my fat. I NEEEED it ;) Well you know, I THINK I neeeed it. I am sure I don't really. It sure is tasty though. I hope that in a year or so I will be ready to convert. Let me know how you do!

Sophie B. said...

Sounds like you're doing great! I was raw before like for 1 year and kind of stopped for a few months and I'm back on raw for 1 week now and feel awesome! I love reading your blog- very inspirational! :-)

calaismarie said...

shoooot! ash, i wish i would have known about this challenge - i think it's the kind of thing i need to push me into trying out raw. maybe i'll try and do it anyway. i just don't even know where to start. maybe you can help me when i'm home in september.

Omegachuck said...

School already?? AAAAGGHH!! And get up early? I live by the snooze alarm/.