Thursday, August 07, 2008

MONKEY FOODS

Okay okay, so you know how a few posts ago I said my new favorite food is medjool dates?








well... can I add another item to my TOP FAV FOODS? because i think I have a tie...








FIGS!






seriously, oh... my... gosh...



fresh organic figs... I have only had one kind - Jumbo Calmyrna figs... and they are freakin amazing!





I had them the same day I first tried medjool dates, and I liked them, but I didn't think much about them.



Then I was watching Planet Earth (OH MY GOSH, it deserves a whole new post, OMG!) but anyways I was watching the jungle episode and it showed the monkeys (my idols, as a climber) and they were PIGGING out on figs. And then all of the sudden I got an intense urge to eat figs and so I got some and wowwwwwww they are AMAZING!


gah why do my favorite foods have to be expensive?

Like, seriously, for Christmas, I'm just going to ask for a bunch of medjool dates and some FIGS. (I mean, with the money they used to spend on buying me chocolates and candy for my stocking, they (as in my parents AND Santa) can stuff it with FIGS.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

And when I go trick-or-treating, i can just knock on my own door and ask for figs instead of candy

and when easter comes i can ask the easter bunny to give me figs and dates instead of chocolate bunnies and eggs.

and... and... and...

you get the point.

I LOVE FIGS!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL! Isn't it wild how you are so attracted to figs and they are MONKEY FOOD. I swear to God, the universe has this funny little way of drawing you towards your intended energy..and food is energy! It's kind of like how crazy I am about aloe vera...some things just resonate so loudly you cannot ignore them. Anyways, I hope everything goes well! I am going to Maine for ten days tomorrow, but I will be sneaking to the library and keeping up to date with my people. Scurry hard, monkey!

<3,
Raw Mum

HiHoRosie said...

hahahahaha!!!! You know I haven't tried figs. I'll have to look for them when I have some spare change. Like Sarah pointed out, it's funny you're attracted to the same foods as a monkey. :)

And Planet Earth is an amazing show.

Omegachuck said...

My teeth just start to rattle, thinking of how sweet all those dates and figs taste. I gotta tame them with something salty or bland added to tone down the sweets.
Keep it up monkey girl..