Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday, July 15

FOOD

breakfast: BIG glass of green juice

snack: young coconut

lunch: green smoothie (4 bananas, 1 mango, 2 handfulls of spinach

dinner: raw chocolate smoothie with bananas


notes: I tried to increase my dosage of greens today --- I’ve eaten too much fat for the last week and DEFINITELY not enough greens… Today I felt good but I hardly ever got hungry because my body was loving the nutrients in the greens!!! I think I could increase it a LITTLE more though!!! I love the way they make me feel, but I don’t necessarily like the taste… I think I can get used to it though!!!

TRAINING / EXERCISE:
climbing:
-5 by 5s (5 climbs - 5 times each, minimal break in between sets)
-every intermediate rated climb in the gym --- one chance on each

-vinyasa flow – short…. distracted…. I need a lot of work

notes:

im sore. and my sleep loss from the other night caught up to me!

My shoulders and arms are sore from the push-ups yesterday! I guess I haven’t done too many in a while!!! My legs are still sore from simply taking a walk the other day – pathetic, I know!!!as far as the 5 by 5s go, I didn’t have much of a problem except for laziness creeping in on me on the last 2 sets… I was definitely sweating and people in the gym were looking at me funny since I kept getting on the same 5 climbs, doing them, and RUNNING to the next climb, LOL.

after the 5 by 5s I was WASTED. I know this seems pathetic --- but I haven’t done CLIMBING workouts in SO LONG. Usually I just go to the gym and mess around and climb all over, but I hardly ever did actual exercising workouts.

I gave a solid attempt to all the intermediate problems (climbs) in the gym, and surprisingly had a difficult time on a few. A few of them had crazy long moves – totally against my style. Since I was tired from the first workout, I fell on all 3 of them. The funny thing is, the rest of the intermediates felt SUPER EASY… there were just 3-4 that were really hard!!!

2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Wait. You being wasted from an incredible workout is pathetic? You kwayzee! And good call with the coconut snack. :) It's good anytime, snack, meal or dessert! Right now I'm into sugar snap peas. Yummy.

HiHoRosie said...

No kale?! That's crazy! Do you know of any farmer's markets nearby? I just wonder if you could find kale there. How about collards can you find those? I bet they'd be great to juice until kale can be found.

I hope you can find snap peas!