Wednesday, July 30, 2008

surprisingly delicious

BANANA/DATE ROMAINE BURRITOS

ingredients -
1. small head of romaine lettuce
2. 2-3 bananas
3. a bunch of dates

directions -
1. lay out a single leaf of lettuce
2. cut up the banana and dates into really small pieces
3. spread on lettuce leaf
4. eat like a taco/burrito


it is so sweet and delicious, and you get some greens in as well as some good carbs and sweetness from the bananas and dates.


Man, I really like dates. They look gross to me, but they give me really good energy to climb! high calorie, sweet, perfect for climbing in competitions and what-not for a pick-me-up!!!

4 comments:

sarabethxvx said...

I did a similar one today... Guac and shredded apples, carrots, and beets wrapped in a collard. YUM!

sarabethxvx said...

oh and I have been thinking of making some "energy balls"
Dates, processed with cacao powder, rolled into a ball and rolled in hemp seeds, or nuts.
Yum

Omegachuck said...

Tasty sounding.. When will they be available at a fast food drive through?? Now THAT would be a great improvement nationwide.

HiHoRosie said...

Interesting combo but I'd try it!