Monday, July 21, 2008

the NASHVILLE meetup

HiHoRosie reminded me to talk about the meetup I went to (you can see the apple pie I brought in a few posts back from this one --- it was delicious!)


It was a great meetup. And a small one at that.


I was kind of sketched out about an "online meetup group" or whatever (I found it on www.meetup.com) and I knew that I was going to be the youngest person, so I brought my friend Annie who is down to do anything! (She is not raw, but is very open-minded)

Annie also brought HER friend who is living with her for the time being. SOOOOO in "MY" posse, there was only 1 RAW foodie, which was me.

We got to the house and were greeted. There were only 3 people there!!! So there were 6 of us total! It was awkward for about 5 minutes but then everything was cool.

Having a small group, we were able to sit down and all say what we have to say. We talked about (and shared) certain raw food books. We talked about nutrients, health, and raw food in general. We talked about how our Whole Foods kinda sucks compared to most Whole Foods in the nation, and the lack of raw foods it sells. We also talked about Young Coconuts (HiHoRosie!!!) anddddd we dove into blue green algae. It was a good little group, and even my 2 friends were able to talk a LOT about stuff (I think the raw food vibe rubbed off on them too --- they want to go raw for a week!)


Since we had the small group, we got to really EAT everyone's food! It was great! There was this watermelon/tomato soup thing ( i forget what its called but ive seen it in a recipe) There was also strawberry pudding, and this delicious... um... falaffle type stuff that was served on a bed of greens -- it was AMAZING. Not to mention, MY friends brought "Ants drowning in the sea" --- kind of like ants on a log (you know, the celery with the almond butter and the raisins on top), but the raisins were mixed into the raw almond butter because we were kinda late to the meetup, LOL. funny stuff... Man i think theres something else I am missing, but im not sure. OH WELL.

oh....... and of course, the raw apple pie!


anyways, the meetup is monthly so i look forward to next months! I'm STILL surprised and psyched that there raw foodists in Nashville.


After the meetup I went to a going away party for my friend. There werent very many people there... we were talking about going apple picking when apple season comes (for some really cheap apples!) and i realized that I still had some raw apple pie in my car, so I was like "HEY WHO WANTS APPLE PIE!?" and of course they all did. I brought it in, and it was devoured. They seemed to really like it. A few of them couldn't believe it was raw, and one of them thought I bought it at Kroger, LOL.

This post is getting long enough...... i'll post later too!!!!!!!

3 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Yay! Thanks for the update and the shout out too. :) So the apple pie was as tasty as it looked! Fantastic! now, I'm going to have to make some. Sounds so good right now. And hey, as more people understand there's nothing scary about raw foods maybe there will be more people at the next meet up. That's so great you guys were able to get together.

I call myself high raw but lately it's been more like med-high. I need to kick it up a notch or two so I'm considering doing the 100 day challenge but haven't yet decided.

Omegachuck said...

That apple concoction looks great, especially on a hot day.

Omegachuck said...

That crispy apple concoction looks great, especially on a really hot day.