Tuesday, July 29, 2008

pushups suck

TRAINING


yesterday


Yesterday my training included:


-25 minute bike ride


-200 push-ups


-200 crunches



and the pushups were KILLER. I do 10 sets of 20, and each set i feel like i'm going to collapse. Me and push-ups don't get along!


I'm not as good as this 6 year old kid who did 10,000 pushups in like 3 hours! check it out:




The crunches are EASY , i could do 500 more! (i hope my coach isnt reading this, LOL)


but i seriously could... so... i might do that later.



anyways, just wanted to update you guys on training!!!



today


-7 routes above 5.8 (Easy, Fun - i haven't dont routes in MONTHS!)


-worked on HARD advanced routes (5.12+) and i got close to sending a couple. I did all the moves on them, but with falling a couple times... They were really hard and since I am a boulderer, I have little endurance!)


-i'm about to do a vinyasa flow...


8 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Okay, I'm officially worn out from reading your post! That's quite a workout! You know what I did? I walked for 45 minutes yesterday. Yeah, a whole 45 minutes. Impressive eh? yah I thought so.

Omegachuck said...

Ash, I found a way to do crunches in the pool. I sit in a inner-tube shaped floatie that has a seat in the center. Balanced on my butt above the water, I can crunch away, then tip over and cool down. Sure beats being on the hard floor or thin mat. Plus the floatie thing has a nice drink holder too!!

badash said...

I do crunches in the pool 2 different ways, but my favorite is putting my feet on the edge of the pool (above water) and crunch up that way.


have you ever tried running in water? its much more effective than running on land (because of the resisitance) and you don't get hurt joints very easily...

HiHoRosie said...

To add links or other mods go to your layout then page elements (probably the default screen) and from there you can add/change/delete the set up. With the blog links I use the "link list" but I've been seeing a lot of people use the "blog list" which is a fairly new feature in blogger. It gives more detail that the other.

sarabethxvx said...

yeah seriously, rosie! I did yoga like 75 minutes this morning and I felt like that warrented 2 bowls of ice cream!
You are a maniac (I mean that in a good way!)
new ice cream: http://sarabethxvx.blogspot.com/2008/07/vanilla-with-nectarines.html

Omegachuck said...

sara'b, when I get in an ice cream jag, I go through a half gallon in one sitting. Try to cover it in fruits and stuff to make an excuse for such behavior. I'd say maybe twice a year for a week at a time I go baaad.

Omegachuck said...

Ash, there are some awesome light foam water 'weights' that work great by forcing them underwater. Their resistance underwater and buoyancy are fun. A pool I go to has a 10AM water aerobics class every day. Its filled with age 60+ women who really go at it. I used to run 40 ft'lengths of our home pool as a kid, even down and up the deep end. (ever see the underwater training scenes done by those women surfers in movie 'Blue Crush'?) Water is great for all over workouts.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.