Thursday, July 17, 2008

RAW FOOD ENERGY and LIES

OKAY, I have to confess.

For the past month and a half (in other words, my raw food journey so far), I have lied to people.

Yepp... I have.... about one thing:

Although raw foods made me feel happy and high and cleared my head, i never felt the "raw food energy" that everyone talked about.

I did, however feel the clarity of mind, the weight loss, the athletic body forming, the happiness, the natural high, and everything else, but the energy was non-existent.

I don't know if I ever flat out LIED and said that "I feel the energy," but I definitely have agreed with people, even though I never felt it. (I was pretty much in denial)

Besides the benefits I just listed, I also felt WEAK, had no energy, and actually started BLACKING OUT ... more than once.

[BUT WAIT, don't stop reading!]

I don't lie much, and I promise to be completely honest from now on.



but guess what?????????????????
I FEEL THE ENERGY NOW!

and for the record, I feel STRONGer than ever, and NEVER black out!

like... HOLY COW... its outta this world!

I SERIOUSLY don't know what to do with myself!!!

I have always been energetic, but NEVERRRR like this. I used to get energy in bursts, at random times.

But now its like a NON-STOP BURST OF ENERGY!!!


SO, if you are reading this and are a raw newbie, and you haven't felt the raw energy that everyone talks about, I have 2 things to tell you:

1. WAIT IT OUT, it will come if you do things right.
2. EXERCISE... this might be because i am increasing my exercising, and the endorphins are going PSYCHO.


GUYS, THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!
just like yesterday and tomorrow! =]

p.s. I posted another blog about today but since I started it earlier as a draft, it got posted UNDERNEATH the one under this one... wait thats confusing... uh... its the 2nd post below! =)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Dude, you are awesome. KEEP IT UP. I am so glad you are not blacking out anymore, because I was really worried when you told me that. I even talked to someone else on GI2MR privately about good advice to give you. I didn't want to be a mother hen! Anyways, I am so glad you incorporated more fats into your diet. I think they really help you. In moderation of course - everything in moderation. I seriously suggest you get a whole bunch of aloe and stick it in that mango smoothie. IT IS UNREAL.

yardsnacker said...

Awesome! I know what you mean about the energy. I rarely know what it means to be tired anymore. Try some raw cashews before a workout...it's unreal!

~Sam

HiHoRosie said...

I like what Sarah had to say above. I'm glad you're not blacking out either - VERY SCARY! And some fats are good for you, like those found in nuts and avocadoes, etc. Just don't eat them late in the day. :) And again like Sarah said, moderation.

And how awesome for you to be experiencing so many exciting things from these changes you're making. Good for you!

You guys are talking about aloe in smoothies...oh boy! Love fresh aloe. Good good stuff!

Omegachuck said...

Ashley, you had the same energy and excitement already from your climbing ethic. It's hard to tell if/when the foods are making a change. So don't blame yourself. It probably takes more time to find what the difference really is. And yer' young, changing physiology all the time at 17, etc. Your endorphines seem to run high on a normal day anyway girl!